Menu
RushB3000
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Fluctuating pings when a certain online game is played

This morning, around 8:00, I was playing Battlefield 4 for 2 hours with not a single spike of lag, and once again for an hour at 17:00 without a single lag spike again. However, 30 minutes into a game of Borderlands 2 (played with three other friends) I experienced sudden lag, and my ping had increased from a normal level (around 25ms) to well over 200ms. However 10 minutes later this had ended and I was able to play the game normally for another hour. I then experienced 15 mins of severe lag following this at 21:15 (played normally from 21:30-22:15), and then once again at 22:15 (seemed to be happening at 15 mins past each hour) with my ping reaching over 1000ms.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fluctuating pings when a certain online game is played

Hello RushB3000

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with ping fluctuating it can be quite frustrating when gaming. The hub and line look good. There are a few peaks of high area traffic in the evening and this may explain some variation in packet times although overall it is below our escalation threshold. The other thing I notice is all your devices seem to be wireless at the moment. Wireless is notorious for causing intermittent lag so if you are using it for gaming please consider using a wired connection.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos