Menu
Gazleeds
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Flashing green light on router

Hi I'm new to virgin media
I've just got home from work and I have the White 3.0 hub and the LED light is illuminated at the bottom but also the green wifi signal light at the top is flashing on and off constantly
Can anyone tell me why and is here anything I need to do

I've turned the power off for two mins put back on and when all sorted it still flashes
0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing green light on router

where in leeds are you gaz mate? im in bramley and had this issue for 3 days, virgin are fobbing me off saying its not an area issue so i have to wait until sunday for an engineer who i can garuntee will raise it as an area issue, its happening all over the country.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
Gazleeds
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in BRAMLEY just near globe pub
So must deffo be an area issue then
0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

thankyou gaz, you sir have just proven its an area issue, call them and get them told, then they may finally get this crap sorted, im on the gambles, wouldnt surprise me if the local chavs have stolen the cabinet lol.

mines been down since wednesday and guess what? there was a virgin media engineer around here, i bet hes fiddled with things.

if you tell them another forum member "me" in the local area is having the same issue, they may do something about it.

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

also my girlfriend seen two engineers on wednesday fiddling with a cabinet near the bargain booze shop, i bet they broke something.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gazleeds

Firstly welcome to the forum Smiley Happy I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced a loss of service recently. We'll certainly take a look into this for you to see what's going on. The hub appears to be online when checking now with no issues showing and I can't see any fault tickets that have been raised recently. Are you still experiencing any problems with your connection? 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gazleeds
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yes still not working and still flashing the green wifi signal bars on and off constantly
Have switched the power off and on still the same
Tried the reset button on the back still no change

Only been with virgin 10 days now it's not really good enough

Still wishing my 14 day cool off period so certainly thinking bout changing my mind
Never had any issue with sky
Have I made a big mistake ???
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gazleeds

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems with the connection. The wifi light shouldn't be continuously flashing on that version of Hub. I'm going to send you a PM to arrange an engineer visit to check things over for you.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
SteveAdams86
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I am having this same issue. The WiFi was fine before I went to work and come home and it's not working. I have a green flashing base led, sometimes it goes solid for a while and another green light flashing internet. Iv turned everything off by the mains, checked all the connection, multiple router resets. I phoned virgin media and spoke to a representative who ran some tests which found nothing, took about 20 minutes. Got an engineer booked for Monday. I ran a few self service tests from the virgin media site and those seem to think my router isn't turned on lol So yeah it's like the dark ages in my house right now. I live in Gloucester and not happy I'm not able to use the services in paying for, i have been with virgin since December and this is the 1st real problem iv had but just annoying someone can't fix it sooner than the other end of the weekend with my shift patterns and my wife's Monday was the soonest someone can come out
ArferDaley
Up to speed
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

how's your flashing router sorted I hope mine has started to do that again has been like it from Sunday 30th I've just ignored it last time it done it I rebooted the router and it stopped doing it but has now returned however my service is working ok so far if so I've left it frightened if I reboot it I might loose service if it don't stop soon I will report it to the police as they will respond quicker than virgin happy days Smiley Happy
If It Ain't Broke
Don't Fix It
0 Kudos