Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4 (5,238 Views)

Flashing blue traffic light on super hub 2

Just recently i have noticed that the blue (upward/downward arrows) traffic light on my Virgin media super hub 2 is constantly flashing, where as it only used to flash constantly while i was downloading or using the connection. Has anyone else noticed this????

I have checked the device connections by logging into the router and there is nothing suspicious, only my devices show up on the list. Even if i disconnect everything this light is still constantly flashing.

I am not bothered about the light, im just bothered that there is something wrong that is making it flash like this when for the last 6 months this has not been the case.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4 (10,344 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by azzer2000
‎05-12-2015 15:24

Re: Flashing blue traffic light on super hub 2

azzer2000 wrote:

Just recently i have noticed that the blue (upward/downward arrows) traffic light on my Virgin media super hub 2 is constantly flashing, where as it only used to flash constantly while i was downloading or using the connection. Has anyone else noticed this????

I have checked the device connections by logging into the router and there is nothing suspicious, only my devices show up on the list. Even if i disconnect everything this light is still constantly flashing.

I am not bothered about the light, im just bothered that there is something wrong that is making it flash like this when for the last 6 months this has not been the case.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Don't worry, many customers have noticed this recently. It starts happening after Virgin Media move your connection to a new CMTS (the big router at the other end of the line) and is normal.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Message 2 of 4 (5,195 Views)

Hi azzer2000,

Thanks for letting us know that the light is flashing, I'm sorry if this has been off-putting.

I can assure you this is nothing to worry about, it just indicates traffic on the network.  As long as nothing untoward is connected to your hub then you've got nothing to worry about.

Let us know if you notice any problems as a result of this.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4 (10,345 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by azzer2000
‎05-12-2015 15:24

azzer2000 wrote:

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Don't worry, many customers have noticed this recently. It starts happening after Virgin Media move your connection to a new CMTS (the big router at the other end of the line) and is normal.

Tuning in
Message 4 of 4 (5,006 Views)

I am also having this problem now on my router, and whilst it maybe classed as "normal" behaviour now, it seems to of completely killed my router (Super hub 2ac).

Whenever my devices connect, it now seems to take ages before I can get on the internet properly, as it just comes up with "No internet connection" on any device I connect to the router, be it a wireless or wired connection. I can take anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes to get an internet connection, even though they are getting an IP address from the router and the DNS settings are correct. I know its not my PC that is the issue as its only 2 months old and is a high powered i5

It seems as though this constant flashing is taking all of the processing power away from the hubs main job of servicing the internal clients.

Before the flashing started near the beginning of December it was working perfectly, after the flashing started, its all gone pear shaped. I phoned Virgin up and they said that the flashing was normal behaviour. But it cant be normal to kill the router.