Menu
phljrmn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Flashing Wifi light

Over the past few days, the wifi light on my Virgin Hub 3 has been flashing constantly.  Having visited the community for clues, I've followed every suggestion re fixing the problem i.e. restart, checking wiring, pressing the WPS button (this works for a short time) etc, but to no avail.  My internet and wireless appear to be OK although, my wireless performance does seem to dip from time to time (am I imagining this?). Bottom line is the constant blinking is annoying to say the least.  Does anyone have a definitive answer on how to fix this for good? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing Wifi light

Hi phljrmn,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the Community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry for the flashing light, I know it can be frustrating. Everything looks good from our end and if you're not reporting any immediate fault, we can monitor this with you for a few weeks and see if it continues.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
phljrmn
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Heather.  That's fine and I'll let you know if things change.  If it gets really annoying I can always stick a piece of black tape over it!

Phil

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

phljrmn wrote:

Over the past few days, the wifi light on my Virgin Hub 3 has been flashing constantly.  Having visited the community for clues, I've followed every suggestion re fixing the problem i.e. restart, checking wiring, pressing the WPS button (this works for a short time) etc, but to no avail.  My internet and wireless appear to be OK although, my wireless performance does seem to dip from time to time (am I imagining this?). Bottom line is the constant blinking is annoying to say the least.  Does anyone have a definitive answer on how to fix this for good? 

In actual fact, this is caused by a bug in the Hub 3 firmware. 

I also get the green flashing wifi light occasionally even though the wifi actually works as normal! See this thread for how to stop it flashing:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Superhub-3-Green-Flashing-Wifi-icon/td-p/328...

Smiley Wink