Menu
jodpea
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Flashing Light

We have been having WiFi problems in our area, the service has been intermittent. The last time I was on a call to Customer Services, I was told that the flashing green light (the right hand one of the two on the left hand side of the TiVo box) was doing so because the internet was out. Two weeks later it is still flashing, even when the WiFi seems to be present. I restarted the box in the hope it would reset and we have now had the same "Network cable unplugged" message as a few people on this forum. I thought the "network" was connected through the coaxial cable, which seems fairly secure, and there are no other unplugged wires at the back of the machine. I admit I have not tested the on-demand etc services.

Do we just need to wait until the intermittent WiFi connection is sorted?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing Light

Hello jodpea

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with wireless, we will do our best to help. The coaxial cable to your house connects to the Tivo and a cable modem. The wireless and broadband emanate from the cable modem and is nothing to do with the Tivo box by the way. Network cable unplugged is normally a PC/Windows thing when it is unable to see en Ethernet cable connected and this would be expected with a wireless device.

At the moment I am afraid we have an intermittent noise problem with broadband in the area and this may affect you, our engineers are aware ref F004902092 estimated fix 02 DEC 2016, please accept our apologies.

It may be that you do have a few local wireless problems as well, we have a guide that can explain and offer useful suggestions here Getting the best Wireless Network Signal

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos