Menu
littlemede
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Flashing Green wifi light

I have the new superhub 3 and been using it for about 4 months with no problems but over the last week have had wifi issues been on the phone twice where I have been told to keep rebooting as we are always told to do and changing settings but still fhe Green wifi light is still flashing please could anyone tell me is this normal to flash
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing Green wifi light

Hello littlemede,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Apologies for the flashing light, I know this can be irritating. Has this settled down now? Everything looks normal from our end so if this continues, I'd suggest performing a factory reset (pin into the reset hole for 30 seconds).

Please update us when you get a chance.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
littlemede
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply green WiFi light still flashing been like this for nearly 3 weeks.i have done the factory reset so many times my patience is wearing thin I am going to ring Monday for a refund on my bill and until it gets fix I will ask every month and maybe something will get done. I have read so many virgin sites and it states there should be only the base light on and at the moment this is not happening
0 Kudos
plantpot2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hi please look a my answer for this subject.i hope it helps.plantpot2

0 Kudos
littlemede
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks plantpot2 I have tried everything that you have suggest and the "green light" is still flashing I lose connection every now and then and I'm no expert but is this flashing light ever going to go off
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Do please search the forum on the term "FLASHING". (Always a good idea to search first). The subject is well documented, the causes and the fixes, sometimes permanent but mostly temporary. It's a harmless firmware fault.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
plantpot2
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

sorry to here that you have not fixed the problem but did you keep your finger on the wps button till the wifi light went out and do not do a reboot my wifi light was flashing for over a week did that and it stopped it i hope this helps.yours plantpot2 

MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Could be interference.  

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not a bad theory. "Easiest" way to test that is to sort of cocoon the Hub 3 in a metal enclosure and find a way of looking at the light then. No light, if repeatable, might suggest MrHalfAsleep is MrWideAwake!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
greeniegirl
Superfast
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon

I know your frustrated with this situation as I would be. Green wifi light should not remain on after reboot.  Since your router keeps the green light on there is an issue within the router. You have already done a factory restart.  You will need a new hub 3. If you have a virginmedia landline please ring 151.  Advise Technical support green wifi light been on for 3weeks and you have factory restart but it still remains on and you need a replacement.

Hope this helps

Goodluck

I am a virginmedia employee but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos