Menu
jenfamily
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Flashing Green wi -Fi on router

Hi

I am connected to the internet ok ( via Ethernet ) but this morning I noticed that the green wi fi image won't stop flashing on the router. I don't have any devices that I need to connect until my family return home and they will start using their phones and laptops .I'm worried this may affect their connectivity.

I've tried turning off the router and turning it back on again but it isn't making any difference

steve

0 Kudos
1974smithy
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing Green wi -Fi on router

Mine been like this since Monday... we are lucky if can get 10 minute's Internet then starts flashing green light... got wait till next week for some1 to come out.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
jenfamily
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 1974 smithy
Thanks for your & stevedh2's reply.The hub I have which I presume is the latest,doesn't seem to have a switch at the back or anywhere, so I pulled out the mains socket but it didn't seem to help.Is there a switch anywhere else that I should try?
steve
0 Kudos
jenfamily
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,so having read all the links I can't find any switches on the hub and resorted to pulling the mains plug and reconnecting but it didn't make any difference.Perhaps if it's still like it tonight and my family can't connect wirelessly I'll have to call up virgin.

steve
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jenfamily

Thanks for posting. There are some versions of the Hub3 that have a flashing wifi light. It's something we're looking into but it doesn't appear to be linked to any connection issues.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jenfamily
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ty,

For the moment I'm ok. A week ago when I posted, the flashing green light worried me but as you say there were no connection issues. I did find a switch close to the mains lead but initially turning it off then on again didn't make any difference but at the end of that evening I thought to try it one more time and hey presto the light went out and hasn't ( touch wood ) come back on again.

Thanks for replying

Steve

0 Kudos