Menu
buzzyvonne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fire Stick suddenly disconnected to internet Thursday 16th February 17

I did try and post this on Virgin Media facebook page but it kept freezing.  Just seen on Trending now apparently it is still unavailable.

Last Thursday evening my Virgin mobile and Fire Stick suddenly lost connectivity to the internet but my wired internet connection was working.  I had a connection labelled with my name but that had disappeared.

At this stage after doing various checks on Friday I called Virgin Mumbai and after a very lengthy call the nice chap finally got my Virgin mobile wifi up and running.  I was so pleased but when I tried to connect Fire Stick to virginmedia8394025 although it showed it wouldn't connect using my password.  After that I have tried every single way of getting connection - using push button, WAP pin, advanced settings etc. etc. still no way is it finding the wifi.  I have changed my password on the Super Hub several times.  I'm actually now very frustrated as it was working fine..  Any ideas?

Now on:  Thu 16/02/2017 05:51 I received an email

f

I realised this was spam and of course didn't open the link but do you think it could be connected or just coincidence?   I copied and pasted the message that's why it has come out as gobbledygook.  I says I will be cut off basically.

I have read other posts from last year and wonder if anyone has any ideas that will help.  I have virgin media throughout  - landline - mobile - broadband - hub - tv box etc.   It seems to me that neither Virgin or Fire stick want to help and keep suggesting to talk with ISP or vice versa.  All I want to do is watch catch up on bedroom telly!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
buzzyvonne
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fire Stick suddenly disconnected to internet Thursday 16th February 17

My tablet doesn't find it either but it is not a very good one and I don't really use it so not too bothered.  Try calling 150 from a Virgin phone they may be able to help.

0 Kudos

All Replies
buzzyvonne
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Regarding the above post I have now dug out a tablet and I'm finding the same problem with it finding the wifi

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi buzzyvonne,

I am sorry about your loss of Internet. I have just tested your connection but your Hub reports being in an offline state.
I'm not able to locate any reported faults that might have caused this so, if you haven't powered the Hub off and if you are still having difficulty in getting an Internet connection, I think we should get an engineer out to you.

I shall send you a PM in a moment (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll book an appointment as soon as I receive your reply.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
buzzyvonne
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Whilst speaking to Mumbai again last week a lady changed something and told me it should be ok.  It still didn't work until I had the brain to try and default the hub.  This I did and it is now working although last night wi fi in general was pretty bad dropping in and out.  Thank you for replying.

0 Kudos
buzzyvonne
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My tablet doesn't find it either but it is not a very good one and I don't really use it so not too bothered.  Try calling 150 from a Virgin phone they may be able to help.

0 Kudos