Menu
jennired33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fed up of getting bills after I cancelled my account!!!!

I gave my 30 days notice in August to cancel my broadband contract in September (when my contract was due to end) on the phone. And was assured it was cancelled. But I’ve since received 2 bills and now a late charge for not paying my Oct & Nov bill - I don’t have the broadband anymore and gave the required notice so why am I still being hassled?!! I even have a recording of the phone call where I cancelled my contract!! Really losing patience with Virgin Media now. I don’t have time to wait ages on the phone to be connected to someone, need to know this had been sorted.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up of getting bills after I cancelled my account!!!!

I would bear in mind that you pay a month in advance, so giving notice in Sept, would cancel the service in Oct,, but the Nov. which is the month in advance will still be payable, the month in advance will be refunded once the account is closed. I know it is a strange system, probably governed how the computers are set up.

I am afraid you need to phone in to get this resolved as you need to pass the DPA checks. You could try the thinking of leaving us option. you might get through a bit faster.

0 Kudos
jennired33
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, I guess I will have to waste more time phoning them. It’s just annoying when they tell you to give them 30 days notice and I did exactly what they told me, but I’m still getting billed and being hassled for money.

My contract ended at the end of September - I paid an extra month/ my last payment then which I was told would be refunded in October. Surely that should be the end of it?

Although I had no issues with the broadband (good service etc) when I had it, I cannot stand the constant junk letters, emails, phone calls etc from Virgin Media. And now all this hassle just to end a contract, I will be avoiding Virgin Media like the plague in future!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jennired33, 

Thanks for your post. 

I've already replied to your post here: Cancelled my broadband but I'm still receiving bills

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jennired33
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks. Will have a look.
0 Kudos