Menu
phillg1986
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Router

Hi,
I have a problem with my router. It keeps dropping out and disconnecting devices randomly! And when I use the WPS button to connect it, the light just keeps flashing.
Thanks
Phill
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Router

may or may not be the hub - post some more info - is it ok on wired devices 

log into superhub - 192.168.0.1 - DON'T SIGN IN, click router status [top right] - and post the downstream and upstream figures

if its purely wifi then look at changing channels to ones that are not busy 

Tony
0 Kudos
phillg1986
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,
I use wired and wireless. I havnt noticed any problems with wired connection runs at around 65-70m. But wireless devices are a nightmare they disconnect and reconnect etc. I have tried changing channels. Everything was working fine but this just started happening. The router hasnt been moved etc
Phill
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

changes in wireless are always difficult - the root cause may not be your setup - a new router next door or other things like cordless phones - baby monitors - microwaves can all impact - that said it may be your router but they tend to work or not

which SH do you have - if its the SH1 then anything is possible - the wifi is dire - may have been ok when it came out but things have moved on - if it is the SH1 then a call to retentions will get it changed - may cost you postage - some have had to pay a further £14.99 activation fee - if they ask that then object - or at least i would - postage fair enough maybe but no more

if you have later then unless you can prove it faulty i would think its just other networks killing what is a get you going device - if wifi is important to you put the SH into modem mode and buy a decent wifi router - which and cost is up to you - the Asus range is worth looking at

Tony
0 Kudos
phillg1986
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks..
I refuse to pay an upgrade fee for equipment that is rented.. fair enough if I own it at the end! I believe I have a sh2. Was all working fine then it just suddenly stopped working. Would prefer to at least try a new sh. Wireless is important for us as home is over 4 floors. I cant imagine it being interference as no new routers are showing up nearby and no other equipment is near the router. Will see what customer service come up with Smiley Happy
0 Kudos