Menu
Sanzie86
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Ethernet ports on 3ac

So we went to Virgin media for gaming because we thought the line would be better, I want the PS4 wired but when I put an ethernet cable in any of the 4 ports there is a high amount of data loss and my game seems to run in slow motion, like everything is delayed which is a killer. Yet wireless its like someone hit fast foward but you get the odd latency spikes like you do with wireless which is also annoying. I would like to point out it's not my PS4 that is the problem, as it works perfectly when I take it to my friends house and wire it up to his router. It's not the cables as i have spent a small fortune on cat6 cables and they also work perfect round other peoples houses on different routers. I also get the same problem in modem mode, so im pretty sure its the ports that are the problem, but would like a second opinion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Ethernet ports on 3ac

Hi Sanzie86,

Thanks for the post, strange one, sounds like the ports could be faulty, just to help rule out any firmware of settings issue could you please perform a Hub factory reset and let us know if this has helped.

Thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos