Menu
sutlane
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Failed installation, no cable to property

Hi,

I had an installation booked today between 8-1pm.  I had previously mentioned when I made the order that there was newly laid cable in my street buy not to my house.  I was assured that this was not a problem and that the installation would take place today.

Scroll forward to when the team arrived from Kelly Communications and two guys scratching their heads as there was no wire to the house to install.  An hour later after phone calls backwards and forwards and I was told the installation would not happen today.

They then said they would call later to advise when the other team would come to do the work to get the cable to the house.  However I have received no call and am none the wiser.  I am annoyed as I have taken half a day off work to be there today and it was wasted.  Now I will have to take more time off potentially for both the cable install and then when they come to do the box install.

Please can somebody from the forum team look into this and get back to me.  I am a first time Virgin customer and I am already questioning if it was a good idea to change!

0 Kudos
sutlane
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed installation, no cable to property

Anybody from the forum team able to look into this?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

takes the people from VM a while to get to threads - up to a week or so at the moment - not sure they will be able to help - the phone or chat may be a better option

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi sutlane

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the installation delay. I appreciate you joining the forums to discuss this and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I can see since you posted about the delayed installation you have contacted us and we are liasing with the Wayleave teams and the Lightning teams about this for you.

I have emailed both teams and the area manager who was looking into this for you too so I can catch up with what is happening for you regarding this.

There may be a wait for a reply of a day or two but I’ll be back in touch as soon as I get any updates from them.

Thanks again and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi sutlane

Thanks again for getting in touch with us about this.

I've checked in with the Wayleave team and the construction team you and one of the construction team is going to try and contact you a little later on regarding this.

Please keep me posted on how this goes.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
sutlane
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Since I spoke with customer services over a month ago I have never had anybody from the Wayleave team contact me.  I am now assuming that this is never going to happen?  If the service cannot be provided please can you let me know so that I can re-negotiate the contract with my current supplier rather than being held in limbo as I am at the moment.  The complete lack of communication from Virgin Media is very disappointing.  I am trying to give your company money!

Kind regards,

Sutlane.

0 Kudos
Tracy5
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Watch they don't double charge you, they did much the same to me then put an extra 99 quid on my bill to come back and complete a job.

I had to spend 30 minutes on the phone to get through and get it taken off but I am still waiting for the bill to come out, so it may still be charged yet and that will mean more time back on the phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sutlane

I appreciate you coming back to us on the forums to discuss this and I can see that soon after you posted you did call in to chat about this directly with the teams.

I am sorry they were unable to resolve this for you in a more timely manner.

If there is anything else that we could support you with, please let us know.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos