Menu
Parazaine
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

F003455769 - Area 03 - Over Utilisation

I have been having issues on and off in area 3 for as long as i've been a VM customer (in excess of 6 years). I bought a powerline to circumvent the useless VM superhub wireless capabilities (as i am in excess of 30 feet away from the modem and through the kitchen with all the inherent interference and black-spots that involves) last year and thought my troubles were finally disappearing.

Then a couple of months before xmas, i started having slow browsing, drop-outs etc etc. These were not severe enough to show up as T3 events in the network log however but being a heavy user (and paying for a top 200M package) and being an online gamer and doing far more than just browsing and watching catch-up TV, i noticed the difference.

I have become accustomed to monitoring Speeds, Upsteam and Downstream power levels and just general performance of the various things i do. I have made one formal complaint in the past (which i must say was fairly dealt with after a lot of effort on my part) I monitor my local area (or at least the faults that are admitted to on the VM sites) and my most recent engineer visit (there have been many) resulted in a new superhub which, as i already knew, resulted in no change in service quality. If anything, since their high speed roll-out, the service has gotten even less reliable, especially at peak times.

I even joke to my friends that i now know more about networks than most of the sub-contracted engineers VM emply.

I then found out after googling problems for VM over the Xmas period that there were a lot of hits and they were indicating that it was an issue that was not only, not just in  my area, but also well known to VM who were mysteriously 'doing something' to improve their infrastructure but had neglected to tell their existing customers (or apparently their sales people still desperately flogging VM packages like there were no utilisation issues across their entire network.)

I now find out that there is an over-utilisation fault (in the title) for my area .... no sign of that fault on their website, nothing in my VM account page etc etc almost as if they were trying to hide it from customers.

VM please stop treating your customers like they are all idiots ... some of us actually realise and monitor our service as  a matter of fact and will not be put off by 'i can see nothing wrong with your connection' or 'utilisation has not reached a high enough level to action' or some such.

0 Kudos
Parazaine
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: F003455769 - Area 03 - Over Utilisation

I realise that it takes time for mods to respond to posts but would appreciate a response / PM to explain this fault and the time when it is due to be fixed. I also intend to seek compensation for degraded service for the period of the fault.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos