Menu
Slcartman
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Extremely poor internet

I wonder if you can help, we have had no internet for 3 days and i'm due paternity leave and need to work from home for 2 weeks.

the box has been flashing green and red constantly, i assumed it was just updating but their is obviously something wrong. i have turned it off at the wall to see if that would help but it the problem persists. 

We have never had a decent connection since we started our contract circa 8 months ago, we are getting extremely frustrated and annoyed with the slow and unresponsive internet service and it's come to the point we are considering ending our contract with Virgin. I have done some research and found that the hub 3.0 has major issues and is apparently known by Virgin. we have had a replacement box and an engineer visited twice but there has been no improvement. 

If this issue is unresolved within the next 2 weeks i will seek legal advice and push for compensation. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Mr Cartman

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely poor internet

FIrstly lets clear something up so we are all on the same page. This is a community forum in the main. It exists for customers to share their knowledge and experience of VM products and services with other customers. Issues that need VM to look at get picked up by staff. Your point of contact in the first instance is people like myself and others who do this in their free time. 

Youll need to give us a few more details about your issues. I assume you have HUB3, how are you connecting to it? Wired? Wireless? What device are you using?

Have you run a speedtest? What did that show?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely poor internet

Hello Slcartman,

Thanks for posting, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection, I appreciate it's frustrating and inconvenient.

I've checked your connection and noticed quite a high amount of time-outs, so I think it's best we get someone around to look at this. I know you've had engineer visits in the past, so this time we'd be looking to send a senior engineer around.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm the details.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos