Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 3 (68 Views)

Extremely poor connection

For possibly as far back as last year, I've had troubles with my router. Often when the router actually decides to connect to the internet, download speeds tend to be less than 1 mbps and latency in games tends up be in the high hundreds on servers that I'd otherwise have a ping of 26 to. There are no obstructions between PC and router and I can say with absolute certainty that the problem is between the router and the ISP. Are there any lasting fixes to this? Thanks

p.s- have tried factory resetting before

0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 2 of 3 (63 Views)

Re: Extremely poor connection

A quick test says there's nothing wrong with my hardware, so maybe it's a problem with my street or house?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 3 of 3 (37 Views)

Re: Extremely poor connection

You will need to test with a device connected directly to the hub by ethernet cable, testing the speed in the morning and again during evening peak to check for contention issues. Wireless is just far too unreliable to test the actual speed even in a direct line of sight of the hub.

If you can achieve headline speed all the time connected wired then the problem lies with the wireless side, if not, then the problem lies between the hub and VM's CMTS.