Menu
Mitch2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

External IP number for mobile phone

Remote Radio StationRemote Radio StationHello there,

Can you help me out I would like to know if its possible to connect a Netgear WNCE2001 router to a Radio that will be installed from up a hill in a friends farm. For this to work remote from my home to second location remote I would need to place a mobile phone at remote station that has no Broadband or Sky.

Working from a mobile phone between two remote boxes, Routers and Radios was told there are two solutions: At radio unit side, Mobile phone, Router, RRC-1258MkII and TS-480 Radio unit and Kenwood TS-480 Radio unit. Any help to solve this would be greatfull

http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=452

1) Ask your provider for a true external IP number for mobile phone.
2) Setup a VPN

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: External IP number for mobile phone

Hi Mitch2,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. Your mobile IP address isn't static, it's dynamic, which means it changes, so we aren't able to advise you of the external IP address.

If you would like to enquire into getting a static connection, our business offers this. You can get in touch with them here: Virgin Media Business or calling in on 0808 274 1515.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Mitch2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Many thanks for helping me out to the link for a "true" external IP number that is needed for this to work correct.

Kind regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
Mitch2
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

I tried to give that number a call and could not get anymore info from phone number supplied, Would you know in the SIM card for the IMO Mobile WiFi device from the virginmedia will this give it a public IP address which can be accessed from the Internet so I can then forward the ports as normal in a router remote or can you suggest any help..

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mitch2,

The IMO Mobile device will also give a dynamic IP address. We wouldn't be able to provide support for this type of setup, sorry.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Mitch2
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri,

For your reply but for this to work correct it would need to be a true External IP number at the radio side to forward ports.

I am not sure if maybe its possible to forward it to noip.net for this to work remote with no internet access on a farm.

Again you  for your support.

0 Kudos