Menu
NaheemM
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Extend my wireless connection using wps

I'd like to extend my wireless range, the super hub 3 on just on its own won't work
I have another wireless router which has wps feature. I don't know how to connect 2 router wirelessly using wps please guide me if it can be done.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extend my wireless connection using wps

What's the make and model of the other router since I wouldn't advise linking the routers together since the wifi speed could get horrible, always best using wired between them.. If can't do wired could use a pair of home plugs
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
NaheemM
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have a sky router, I thought about wiring but it to much hassle and rewriting the home. The plugs it would do the job but I don't want to spend if it can be done for free using wps.

So plz let how it can be done
0 Kudos
NaheemM
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sky router SR102
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

don't think you'll be able to link them together via wifi, aka making the sky router act as a repeater, since guess on the sky box will have there is own software/firmware.. you could flash It e.g. -> https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/sky/sr102 but doing this wrong will turn the router into a brick.. this should possible give you the option of repeater mode.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos