Menu
SteveBwest
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet ports not working

2 days ago the Ethernet ports on my Superhub 3.0 stopped working. I have reset the router both by powering it off and using the pin hole reset. If i put a cable between 2 ports they light up to suggest they are not completely dead but the devices i have connected to the ports do not connect to the internet and i get no lights on the ports at all? Does anyone else have this issue and do i need a new router??

Thanks

0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet ports not working

Hi -

Totally failed or just for www. addresses?

e.g. if you go into command line and type "ping 8.8.8.8" <CR>  which is the Google DNS does that work?

I had this and (against my initial wishes) the tech support chap had me go into services.msc and restart the DHCP.  That didn't work but while there I restarted DNS services and that did work.

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------
TiVo video output scaling-bugs

Tivo-scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

0 Kudos
SteveBwest
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The ports do not lit up on the hub and any device connected to them laptop/xbox say they have no network connection. Not sure if it is hardware or firmware issue.
0 Kudos
SteveBwest
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok so last night i plugged in my laptop and the ports worked. After that i was able to plug in my other devices and they also worked. Not sure if maybe an update happened to firmware or what. 1 thing i did notice though is that the ports switched on and off a gew tomes i first got connected.
0 Kudos