Menu
foggy2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet ports not working on superhub

Hi my ethernet ports aren't working, by that i mean the orange light is on but not the green one. The wifi is working but not the network, i am trying to use my sonos system and streaming music but no joy. Please we need some christmas songs.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ethernet ports not working on superhub

have you tested another network cable. the orange right means its 100mbps not gigabit but should still work fine
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

have you tested another network cable. the orange right means its 100mbps not gigabit but should still work fine
0 Kudos
foggy2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, i tried that but still no joy. On the sonos item there are both lights orange and green and flashing as if they are talking to the router, but the router's green light is not flashing and the orange one is but very feebly. It's puzzling me because it just stopped mid stream as well and i thought it had dropped out and thought no more about it but now it just doesn't work at all.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you may well of done this already but have you restarted both the superhub and the sonos?

I've never used the Sonos so i dont know if i can be much more help then checking the basics. I assume you have a connection to the internet on other devices?
0 Kudos
foggy2
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes i have, sadly nothing. I have internet connection for everything else just my sonos not working. Oh well i'll have to sing the christmas tunes and call virgin after the holidays, by the way hope you don't mind me asking but who did you swap to from virgin as am considering changing soon?.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm with talktalk on a crappy DSL line. its not my option i've moved to a non cable area.
0 Kudos