Menu
Dansnook
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet Ports Stopped Working

Hey,

Had my SuperHub 3 for 5 months with no issues. Now, none of the Ethernet ports work. Wireless is fine and connects without issue.

I've tried hard resets, reconnecting all wires (can confirm they all work), assigned a static IP address, turned off firewall but having no luck. Any guidance would be appreciated as this is massively inconvenient (my Sky and gaming PC rely on Ethernet connections).

Thanks
Dan
0 Kudos
wiffwoff
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet Ports Stopped Working

Hi,

mine did the same last Tuesday, there was a Virgin equipment fault in my area so left it with just wireless for a few days. Then after several failed attempts to get through to support on 150 (calls cutting off after 8-10mins waiting in a queue) I managed to get some helpful lady who basically recommended disconnecting all the ethernet cables and restarting the router and connecting them one by one to work out which one was causing the problem. I have Devolo powerline  adapters and a Youview box connected by ethernet cable, it appears that something connected to the Powerlines was causing the problem. The Youview box now seems to be working okay when connected on it's own.

I suspect a software update somewhere is causing the problem?? I know that a recent Chromecast update has caused a similar problem with BT Home hubs.

Steve

Dansnook
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet Ports Stopped Working

Cheers Steve, thanks for the advice.

I was reorganising my games room and moved my wired PC which is connected to an Ethernet over power adapter.

I'll have a go tonight using your steps to see if it resolves it. It's very strange though, I literally unplugged the adapter for a few seconds and it's caused all the Ethernet ports to go down. Pretty poor piece of kit if it's that sensitive. Think I'll looking at getting a my own router and use this solely as a modem.

Thanks
Dan
0 Kudos