Menu
Jido
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Enabling remote access SUperhub 3

Hi,

I'm trying to setup remote access for a client using their newly installed Superb 3 but the button to enable in "Admin" seems to be greyed out, or at least not allowing me to select it. I've tried setting a new admin password but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 17.14.45.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enabling remote access SUperhub 3

Either your in router mode and the option is greyed out or your in modem mode and the option will be greyed out because the hub 3 in modem mode.....is a modem so what good is it accessing that? Theirs nothing to change its done. But if your wanting to access your router as in not the hub 3 then you enable it in your router not the hub 3.

But let say you what to access 192.168.100.1 your side and over the internet when in modem mode is their a way? Yes and their are many ways and some routers not the hub 3 can forward to 192.168.100.1 not that I recommend it but its possible or VPN is another.

0 Kudos
Jido
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your rapid response.

I'm aware of router and modem mode, I setup home networks for a living.

This Superhub is currently being used in "router mode" and is completely fresh out the box other than a port re-direct for one of the LAN devices I need external access to. Before you ask, remote management was greyed out before I set up the re-direct also.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well the hub 3 is buggy likely you change the useless and buggy for something the firewall setting in the hub 3 that will ungrey the remote access but cause other problems.

0 Kudos
Jido
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand what you're saying. I did say the remote management was greyed out before any firewall settings.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

or maybe its more simple then that as in you have not changed the hub password?

0 Kudos
Jido
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Already done. See original post.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok well its not supported then and greyed out for router mode. What are your options?

0 Kudos
Jido
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Post on the Virgin forum for help?
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is what happens when people want more from their ISP or the ISP tries to do more but fails because they do it on a budget the same as a modem but you add more hardware for router mode which brings the overall quality down that impacts the modem. Cost of support for the options in router mode impacts what it has so likely the GUI was done and instead of removing it from the GUI they just greyed it out but who knows maybe their was a bug and they had to grey it out but will it get fixed...is anyones guess.

Would you be interested in getting your own router and put the hub 3 in modem mode?

0 Kudos