Menu
Olivka43
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Dropping packets, Gamming and work.

Hi my name is Oliwia.

For the past three moths or so I have been experiencing problems with my internet connection and reliability of the Virgin internet.
The internet keeps disconnecting for sometimes 10 secs sometimes 5 minutes.
Me and my partner phoned Virgin media support many times without a good result and as most of you here probably know the phone call in itself is a challenge due to the language brier between us and virgin operators. Not even mentioning the cost of these phone calls.
Throughout the weeks we read many articles on what the possible solution could be as we would get disconnected from online games what usually resulted in an instant BAN (CS, LOL), and we found out that the problem could be with the dropped packets. My boyfriend already had an account on tbb so here it is. 

packets.jpg

We use both wired and wireless connection, wired is used just for our gaming pc, wireless for phones tablets and a laptop. But when we loose connection it is always on all devices. We use these devices for gaming but also university work and we really need our internet to be reliable at all times. We have also seen that you have helped a lot of people with the same problem, so I would say you are our last hope.

We really look forward to your reply.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Dropping packets, Gamming and work.

Hello Olivka43

Thank you for your message, an engineer has been arranged please check your PM for details.

Good luck with the visit, please let us know how it goes in this thread.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team

All Replies
Olivka43
Tuning in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Even at 00:15 at night I am getting those disconnections, I really need your help !!!!!

0 Kudos
Olivka43
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Connection Hub 3.0

My previous post was ignored I am going to try again.
My internet connection is very unstable and disconnects many times throughout the day.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains MAC address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

downstream.png

packets 2.pngpackets.jpg

Please help.This is very irritating. Also contacted Virgin media many times without a valid solution to this problem. If you need any more information or screenshots it isn't a problem.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Hub 3.0

Please don't post multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue addresses any sooner, it just adds clutter and confusion to the forum.  I have merged your two threads.

Your original thread was not ignored as such, it is just taking the forum staff longer than usual to get to threads at present.  A combination of increased posts and the recent bank holidays have exacerbated things.  Also the forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on the thread then it will bump you to the bottom of their list, which would have happened when you posted a second time on your original thread last Wednesday.

The downstream power levels (that are visible on your screen shot) look a little high but are still within the recommended range of -6 to +10.  If they were to fluctuate higher then that could cause disconnections.

@ModTeam Please can you ask one of the forum team to take a look at this thread as the original post was over a week ago and has inadvertently been bumped to the bottom of the forum team's list.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Olivka43
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ok sorry, I had no idea.

I understand that you guys get a lot of new posts with similar problems everyday and it is without a doubt a hard job to keep up with all of them.
I am not really a forum person at all, just want this problem solved or I will have to change the internet supplier. Not being able to play any multiplayer games on my £1000 gaming pc only because of the bad internet connection is very frustrating.
Sorry again, hope you guys can help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help Scott and the prompt.

Hello Olivka43

Welcome to our forum, it is a shame about the intermittent broadband we will do our best to help. Sorry we did not get here sooner by the way but as Scott mentioned we are quite busy at the moment.

When I first read the thread I thought it looked like a symptom of high area traffic but was pleasantly surprised to see it quite low. Area upstreams looking clean, no history of errors or low SNR. The hub levels all within specification, it is reporting as being continuously online for the last 11 days. The only thing I notice is that during that 11 days there were 484 T3 timeouts on one of the hub upstreams. We do not know exactly when that happened but if you would be so kind as to reboot the hub (power off, wait 30 seconds and power on) as that will reset our network counters, let us know, keep us updated in this thread and we can monitor from then on.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Olivka43
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I rebooted the hub for 1 min yesterday, the connection was stable for a bit but now we get the same problems.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello Olivka43

Thanks for doing that. I can still see quite a few timeouts on the line and yet the area upstreams look to be error free.

Uptime: 1 day, 18:26:23.35

T1 0
T2 0
T3 70
T4 0
T1 0
T2 0
T3 78
T4 0

I think based on that it is best we get an engineer out to you. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an appointment, please reply when you have a moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Olivka43

Thank you for your message, an engineer has been arranged please check your PM for details.

Good luck with the visit, please let us know how it goes in this thread.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Hub 3.0

Hi Olivka43, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your connection being unstable and intermittent, I have tested things from here and I can see a lot of time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are too high, an engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you. 

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out