Menu
highroyds
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dropped internet connection

Hey all,

My broadband kept on going off last night & I checked with my brother who has the same internet down the street from me and his was off too.  So I just put it down to an area fault, but there wasnt anything showing on the status page.

This morning it was still off so called up the support line who asked for the power lead to be removed... but then something very strange that I have NEVER been asked to do and that was to remove the broadband cable with a spanner Smiley Indifferent

But couldn't remove it, so he just told me to plug the power back in, then when it came back on he give the excuse that the superhub had lost connection so switched off.

Has anyone ever heard of this before ??

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropped internet connection

Hi highroyds, 

Thanks for letting us know that your broadband keeps going off, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested things from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

How are you connected wired or wireless? 

Are you still having these issues? If so, is there any noticeable change in the light sequence on your Hub when this occurs? 

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
highroyds
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, since the phone call with the Support it was fixed on the day that I posted the message.

Everything is working fine now, but I was a little confused to why the Support guy had asked me to get a spanner to the cable feed for removal, specially when it seemed like an area fault at the time.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi highroyds, 

Thanks for responding!

I appreciate you letting me know that everything has been fine since speaking to our phone support! This is great!

Just remember should you require any assistance in future then post back here and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos