Menu
Jsquires1990
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Drop out on Wi-Fi devices.

All my devices keep randomly dropping connection with the hub 3.0.

I have only had this service for under 1 week, but something seems wrong!

On my iPhone earlier in settings - Wifi, it said under my access point *no internet connection* but my MacBook was working fine, i had to forget the network and then enter the password and was back online. Then another iPhone experienced the same and then my MacBook randomly dropped, then Sky boxes dropped.

Any ideas? Do i need an engineer? Can Virgin fix this remotely?

Cheers guys

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drop out on Wi-Fi devices.

Hi Jsquires1990,

I'm so sorry about this. I believe the resolution lies in separating the Hub's wireless frequencies. By default they share the same network name and changing this seems to help with device connectivity.

1. Navigate to your Hub's Interface pages by typing 192.168.0.1 into your browser.
  2. Log in with the access details noted on the label on your Hub (or on the pull-out tab).
  3. Advanced Settings
  4. Wireless
  5. Security
  6. Enter a new name in the field beneathWireless Frequency 2.4GHz, next to Wifi Network Name (SSID)
  7. Now you can either change the network name for the 5GHz frequency, to something different to the above, or leave this one as it is.
  8. Click on Apply Changes.

Please let us know how you get on. If that doesn't help we'll see what other suggestions we can make.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jsquires1990
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your reply.

I followed all of your advice and noticed that by splitting the two channels i cant see all my airplay devices etc.

I think this isn't the best fix, any more ideas?

I have a Apple Time Capsule (boxed up as stopped using a while ago), would it make sense for me to use this instead? I guess i can use the VM hub 3 as a modem only?! But not sure if this setup will help?

Any suggestions welcomed!

Cheers

Jay

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jay,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that Jen's suggestion has improved the situation. It wouldn't harm to try your Time Capsule, here's the instructions on how to put your Hub into Modem Mode.

Let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jsquires1990
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So i have followed my own advice, and concluded that the VM Hub 3.0 is not ready or equipped for the newer smarter all connected homes.

I am slightly disappointed and the VM speed I'm getting is just pants!

But at least my wi-fi is improved with a 3rd party router.

Cheers

Jay

0 Kudos