Menu
Headwired
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading from superhub 3 to superhub 2

Been having a lot of wifi signal issues with my current superhub 3 nd I've tried everything to improve it without much luck. I'm just wondering if its possible to use an old superhub 2 that I have from my previous flat to see if its any better. I tried setting it up the other day but it don't connect to the internet, just wondering if I need to contact Virgin to get them do change something before it can connect or if there's something in the superhubs settings I can change myself? Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading from superhub 3 to superhub 2

Its doubtful a change in hub will help with your wireless you might be better off getting your own router and/or access point .

0 Kudos
Headwired
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I tried  a separate router but the signal was just as bad

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

this is probably to do with the makeup of your building, some building materials make wifi penetration difficult, you could get around this by getting a powerline ethernet to wireless adapter to transmit the signal again half way through the house.
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will stress to not buy the ones called wireless repeaters, as because of how they work they end up halfing the available throughtput of the connection.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Headwired,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the poor wireless connection you're experiencing. From what I can establish by reading what you're written, this does sound like wireless interference which is more than likely caused by an environmental factor. Where is your Hub positioned in your home? Do you have any devices which could be conflicting like baby monitors?

Please get back to us so we can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos