Menu
pwd41284
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do I need new superhub after upgrade?

Hi
I have been a broadband only customer for sometime, I have a very old superhub which I run in modem mode with third party Wi-Fi router as it was not up to the job.
I have recently taken virgin up on adding a TV package and upgraded speed of 100 because it worked out cheaper with the deal they offered.
I have received the TiVo box for the TV but not a new router which I thought it might have come with. I wondered if you guys think I'm missing out on a better performance? Be it wired and or Wi-Fi?

Also would virgin want payment for a new hub?

Thanks

Peter
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I need new superhub after upgrade?

Perhaps you could tell us what you upgradfed from/to? The best advice could depend on that.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
pwd41284
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Originally had 30mbps then that has been boosted by virgin to 50mbps and 70mbps. Now with the new deal I have been given the speed should be 100mbps.

Broadband now VIVID 100 Optical Fibre.

Hope this is more helpful

Pete
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So you still have that wretched SH1 (VMDG480).

To screw a newr hub from them, you'd need to complain that because the SH1 doesn't have dual WAN (that's 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless running si,ultaneously) you can't properly run your Smart TV wirelessly. That is because for best performance, you can't risk running it on the crowded 2.4GHz channel and some of your devices are stil 2.4GHz so you need both.

I take it that you don't want to buy a better external router.

0 Kudos
pwd41284
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help.
I could buy a new external router but the one I have now I never expected to have needed.
I take part in the samknows data collection so was also thinking of less clutter. Currently superhub, router and samknows router take up quite a bit of room.

Thanks again

Pete
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it was between better performance and SamKnows, I'd ditch SamKnows. SamKnows does nothing for you.