Menu
pentode
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do I have to upgrade to HUB 3.0?

Just got a letter saying if I don't upgrade my cable modem to HUB 3.0 my broadband will stop working in April.... is this true or is it a ploy?  I just don't want the hassle and seriously thinking of going over to BT. 

Dave

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I have to upgrade to HUB 3.0?

Virgin Media wrote to everyone that needed new kit a while ago now to ensure there was plenty of time to change over.

However if it isn't changed it will stop working.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM are in the process of cutting off older kit, TV wise at least. For example, older STBs (TV side) are being forcibly disconnected come this April (requiring those customers to take a upgrade to a TiVo.)

It would make sense that they would also be disconnecting old broadband equipment around the same time too. Getting a new broadband device is a straight forward process and activation is easy too. In the event any problems with activation occur a quick call in will resolve it.

In the case you're on the legacy broadband side (20Mb or less) with a pre-Superhub, then it wouldn't be surprising that they'd want you off that old kit. 

Edit: Ben just confirmed old broadband kit is getting disconnected too.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
pentode
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks BenMcr..... more hiccups in the pipeline reading from past issues, time to look for a change.

Dave

0 Kudos