Menu
boynumber8
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Do I have a faulty Virgin 3.0 router?

We have just been made to switch to the Virgin media 3.0 hub router. I have been experiencing all the horror stories i have been reading on this board i.e terrible wifi, slow internet, loosing connection and terrible download speed etc

However most people have been saying that their internet has been "fine" if they plug their laptop in the router via ethanet cable, or if they change the hub to modem mode, but this hasn't been the case the me. 

We are currently paying for virgin fibre 50 yet download speed, with the laptop plugged straight from the router does not improve from wireless and gives us download speeds ranging from 1.2 mpbs to 5.1 mpbs. This of course is completely terrible, especially considering our old router would reach close to 50 mpbs even when wireless.

Is this normal for anyone else? Is there anyone else experiencing no difference from wired to wireless internet speed or have we just been given a faulty 3.0 hub router?

0 Kudos
a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I have a faulty Virgin 3.0 router?

I upgraded to the SuperHub 3 a couple of days ago, Friday to be exact, anyway I've had no issues, the set up was simple with the wifi working within 5 mins of switching it on, it did take about an hour for lights on the front to go off, I've done a few speed tests and got over my 100mb speed every time, usually 101-106mb! Wifi signal seems good, have a decent connection all over my house! So far very happy with the Hub 3..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I have a faulty Virgin 3.0 router?

Hey boynumber8,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting. I've checked your connection and I can't seem to see anything out of place. Do you notice any improvement when you test the speed with your Hub in Modem Mode?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos