Menu
sadikyalcin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Dns issues

Hi,

Many apps cannot connect to the internet. These include; Firefox, Safari, Teamviewer... I mainly use Chrome & Steam. Chrome does have a connection but 90% of the time, I get "establishing secure connection" for good 30 seconds. Sometimes connection fails. Steam takes about 2 minutes to launch due to same issue.

Now I don't know if there is something wrong with the network, router or my machine. Currently using the VM DNS servers, although I have tried OpenDNS and Google DNS but no luck.

I have been playing about a lot with my settings due to low wifi range as my router was downstairs. I have bought an extension cable and moved my router to my room. This could also be the issue. I really don't know but this is getting a bit frustrating and I can't find a fix.

I have a Macbook Pro and running Sierra. I have created a topic on stack exchange with screenshots of my wifi settings on my Mac here.

Edit: I did run a wifi test and it said "dns resolution failure" 

Please help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
mrpops2ko
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dns issues

Well if  you get the same issue when using various DNS servers then you can safely say that it isn't a DNS related issue. Or if it is, then its something to do with your internal network, rather than the DNS server itself.

I'm not sure what to recommend to you, you'll have to do a lot more diagnosis / isolation of the issue. Maybe set up a ping monitor and see if it is anything related to that. 

Does refreshing fix the issue? 

EDIT: just read your other post, you mentioned that it was device specific there, so you can eliminate all networking issues and also any external VM issues. 

Basically its something wrong with your computer, thats the bit you have to figure out. 

0 Kudos
sadikyalcin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dns issues

Nope it doesn't.

I have a feeling it could be the coax extension cable.

0 Kudos