Menu
Slane21
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Disgusting customer service and TERIBLE Broadband service

I have had intermittent broadband problems since November (to be honest it has been since last August but noticeably bad since November), and every time I call up for help (laugh), I get the call centre based overseas, full of people that read from a script, and if I try and deviate from the script, they talk over me and one has even shouted at me.

The service I pay a lot of money for is so hit and miss, that when I turn my computer on these days, I do not know if I am going to get the internet or if I will have to use my mobile phone 4g data instead.

I have called 3 times tonight to the customer services team, and the last 2 were calls to actually leave Virgin, and each time, I was CUT OFF.....The other person has cleared.

This service is a complete joke. I am disgusted that such a reputable company can treat customers in such a terrible way.

Please get back to me to try and resolve this matter as I am considering my legal position.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusting customer service and TERIBLE Broadband service

no disagreement about offshore - someone in VM must know why they persist with them but they are not telling

as to someone getting back to you VM will pick the thread up in about a week and try to diagnose whats wrong

some more info would help - a full description of the problem/s

start with

log into superhub - 192.168.0.1 - DON'T SIGN IN, click router status [top right] - and post the downstream and upstream figures

Tony
0 Kudos
Slane21
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ill try and reply again. I did send a whole reply, but guess what the internet dropped again.....

downstream.jpgupstream.jpg

Basically the fault is that the internet drops on average about 150-200 times A DAY. I lose the internet and have to reboot my router as the tick starts to flash.

After a restart it comes on again but who knows for how long this time.

I have a more consistent connection with my EE 4g network on m y phone and that is why it is so disgusting. I should not have to rely on that for my internet when I pay so much for 200+ mb.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

levels look ok can you post the network log - will flag this to get VM to have alook quicker [hopefully] they dont work sundays but hopefully get someone here early next week - they wont hang up on you and they will help

Tony
0 Kudos
Slane21
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cannot get through a single game of Battlefield 1 without SERVER DISCONNECTED error.....This is getting beyond a joke now.

I am probably going to go to Vodaphone broadband. Final straw now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Slane21,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems, I know this can be really inconvenient.

Just looking at your connection right now and I can see we're got an active SNR fault under ref: F005035162 which should be resolved by the 3rd Feb, while this is on-going you might experience an intermittent connection.

Would you please be able to post back to us after the resolution date and let us know how you're getting on.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos