Menu
picard17
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disconnections, time outs

For the last 5 -6 days I have been having problems with constant disconnections and server time outs. This happens with anything from trying to pull up a web page to trying to log into a game server.

When looking at the server status for my area it has reported a problem in the area and that an engineer will be fixing it by a certain time. Each day the fix has not been completed and the date and time of the prescribed fix has just been rolled on to the next day, the latest report is as follows.

" We know of 1 issue in your area

You might find that these services are intermittent at the moment: Virgin Broadband, Interactive TV, Catch Up TV, TV On Demand, and TiVo® service home menu.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem

Fix estimate

17   January 12:00 "

I fully expect this time and date to be once again changed once that time is hit and for the problem to continue as has happened for the last five days. So here's a though how about you fix the problem instead of making up engineer fix times and dates and once that time expires re setting it to a later time or date.
0 Kudos
miken1499
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnections, time outs

I sympathise with you, read my account and thoughts on the subject.

0 Kudos
picard17
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

and there we go they have changed the time again instead of fixing the problem in my area, it now reads.

"Fix estimate

17   January 16:00"

Virgin Media get your finger out and stop with the moving of the goal posts and fix the problem its not going to fix itself and just changing the times of the fix accomplished nothing but winds your customer base up.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon picard17,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection due to a fault in your area.

In regards to the fault you mentioned, this has since been closed down as resolved. Your line and the network is showing as fine with no time-outs reported.

Have you noticed an improvement with the connection or are you still having issues?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos