Menu
Exibit
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Disappointed with V.3 Hub

Very Disappointed with V.3 Hub only had it a few 2 days, just to give you some background I have been a Virgin Media customer for over 4 years, recently upgraded to the new Virgin Media V6 box and the person I spoke said I could upgrade to the V.3 hub as I complained about the wireless on the V.2. When the parcel arrived from Yodel they forgot to include the new hub, this then arrived few days later. I called the number on the instructions and was told to wait while the hub did a firmware upgrade, went out came back all seemed well. I have a couple of PC's networked + Synology NAS drive couple of Iphones/ipad on wireless.

The wireless devices work OK and the range does seem better, the PC's connected (networked) also work OK but my problem is the Synology is blocked and also the smart TV's no longer access the internet. Enter the admin password and tried to port forward but this did not work, very frustrating worked great on the V.2 hub. Called technical support after waiting 20 minutes finally speak to someone who cant help me with this and transferred my call to the UK,

Turns out the Hub was still on the old firmware and the update had failed, hold a pin on the reset button finally the updates starts but even though I have forwarded the ports for the Synology (80, 5000 & 5001) it still cant access the internet, I get the below message when I try and use the app built into the Synology. The V.3 doe snot had "Modem" mode enabled

large.jpg

Also why are my 2 smart Tv's not working they cant see the Synology and no longer have access to BBc Iplayer/You Tube ect the TV's are reporting no internet connection.

Thinking now just to enable Modem mode and buy a cable router

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointed with V.3 Hub

Hello Exibit,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're not getting on too well with your Hub 3. I've read a few other posts about the Synology devices and from what I can tell they can be quite tricky and we might need to apply the IP address into the DMZ rule to get it up and running. As for your Smart TV's, have you connected them to your new wireless network? You'll need to run through the network setup on them both to enable the connection to your new Hub.

I hope this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Exibit
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointed with V.3 Hub

Heather while I appreciate the reply none of what you have said is relevant to my original post, you seem to miss the point.

I have switched the V.3 hub into modem mode as speaking to someone in India is not helping me resolve my issues, using a Asus Router now and I have no issues with my Synology or the smart Tv's

0 Kudos