Menu
cyberil
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Devices not detecting router

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help as I've almost loss the will to live.

For years my router had connected certain devices by ethernet (PS4, Apple TV, NAS, etc.) with no problem. All of a sudden two weeks ago none of my devices can be seen but the wi-fi is OK. I called Virgin Media to be told that my devices are faulty, etc. etc. blaming me. I called back and they told me that there was a problem in my area and it would be fixed soon. And so it was fixed a few days later.....a few days later it went down again but the wifi remained. Four hours of calls in total now and they've said the problem in my area (WD23) is fixed and sent me a Superhub 3 - and guess what? Again, I have wi-fi but the devices are not detecting the router. Please can someone help me!!!

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Devices not detecting router

Are all of your wired devices connected directly to the Superhub without any additional equipment or switches in between ?

Your initial fault certainly sounds like a fault with the router, but as you have been sent a second one it sounds like there is something else going on.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
cyberil
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is a switch, should i try and plug a device directly into the router?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, definitely.  I am 99% sure the fault is likely to be with your switch.

Please reply back after you have tried this.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos