Menu
DanOnWheels
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dead broadband and phone line still dead

I've had no Internet connection for the past 2 days AND my landline is still dead even though the fault was diagnosed in January!

Remind me again what I'm paying for...??
0 Kudos
DanOnWheels
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead broadband and phone line still dead

So my broadband and phone are still completely dead.  Service status check reveals that there are TV issues in my area and an engineer is on his way.

TV is working fine - the only thing that is!  Broadband has now been dead for 3 days and phone line has been dead since some time last year. An engineer visited back in January and told me what the issue was with the phone (cable in the street has been damaged) but nothing has been done about this.

If this was Sky these problems would have been fixed the next day.  Why am I still waiting to hear from someone?

I've tried the broadband tester thing a number of times now and every time it gets to about 25% then tells me to wait 10 minutes and restart everything, which makes no difference.

So I've no internet and yet - I can access Netflix on my TV.  But the router shows a flashing red double headed arrow symbol.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanOnWheels, 

Thanks for the post! Sorry to learn that your broadband has been dead for quite some time now, I can appreciate this type of issue can be very frustrating.

I've checked over things from here and I can see that there's a few different issues affecting your connection such as you're only locking onto one upstream when there should be 2, the modem's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are too low and also the power level for that upstream is much higher than is preferred, all these things will be affecting your connection.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to visit and carry out some further investigations. I'll send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DanOnWheels
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So the broadband worked briefly and has then died again. And still no phone despite the fault having been diagnosed as a damaged cable in the street by an engineer back in January. Nothing has been done since. I've booked for yet another engineer to come on Monday evening. If he turns up as they have a habit of not turning up and then lying about it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanOnWheels, 

Thanks for the response.

I can appreciate you letting me know that you've already had an engineer to visit.

How did things go, was the engineer able to resolve your issues?

How has performance been since?

Please respond to me to let me know the outcome, that way if there's any problems you're still having we can give it the once over for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DanOnWheels
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, the issue is still ongoing.  I've had a promise of yet another engineer visit (but I'm only home weekday evenings after 4:30) which hasn't happened and a promise of a credit on my account for the lack of service (which is now well over a year) but this hasn't happened yet either.

I'm currently taking Vodafone to task via the communication ombudsman service over their lack of service and months of errors and will not hesitate to do the same with Virgin if I have to to get a working phone line.  In 2016 it can't be that difficult.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this DanOnWheels,

I have responded to your private mail so that we can get the engineer appointment booked in for you.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos