Menu
brodier54
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Dead Superhub, do I have to wait for an engineer?

Hi there folks

I'm having a spot of bother with my broadband, whenever I try turn on my superhub (I have the original superhub) the virgin media light blinks red and then it cuts out. Basically I've concluded that it's dead, I spoke to tech support on the phone and they have arranged an appointment with an engineer on Tuesday. 

I was wondering if there is any way to resolve this issue quicker (as I am an impatient so and so).  I was curious if it would be possible to purchase a new superhub quickly, expedite my appointment or if there might be an fixable issue with my current superhub that I might have overlooked.

I understand this is probably a long shot and that I'll just have to wait but I thought it was worth asking.

Thanks in advance for any help

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Dead Superhub, do I have to wait for an engineer?

hiya @brodier54 normally they would send out the replacement hub via delivery company such as yodel, this normally takes around 3 -5 working days, you cant purchase any hub outside of virginmedia since they would be linked to somebody elses account and is against the Terms and Conditions, so possible best waiting for the tech to arrive, you could callback and request the hub via delivery company.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @brodier54 normally they would send out the replacement hub via delivery company such as yodel, this normally takes around 3 -5 working days, you cant purchase any hub outside of virginmedia since they would be linked to somebody elses account and is against the Terms and Conditions, so possible best waiting for the tech to arrive, you could callback and request the hub via delivery company.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
brodier54
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi @paultechy, thanks for the quick reply. I actually found a quick fix in the past 15 minutes, as it turns out the router I was using in tandem with my superhub in modem mode uses the same transformer as the superhub which seems to have it up and running again, after I switched it back into hub mode. I'll need to call up customer service and order another transformer so that I can use my router again but at least I'm online again for now.

Thanks again for the advice though.

0 Kudos