Menu
RockerSBM
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

DOCSIS® 3.1 Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem

Hi Virgin 

Is there anyway i can get in touch with someone high up in food chain at virgin media so i can talk to them and be a lone tester for getting a DOCSIS® 3.1 Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem from netgear the leading network company in the world at networking! model number CM1000 this is a stand alone modem which virgin should should let people choose which they want! 

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/CM1000.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_org...

or if virgin want to do the same thing has the arris hub with 2 tele ports go with this one

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/C7100V.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_org...

im sick of this arris hub! taking **bleep** to get get it updated! been over a year and half! cant use own router in modem mode cos it keeps d/c the net and says im losing packet loss too when the hub is in modem mode! Do not know why virgin left netgear and went with this company! yet i hear they giving out netgear powerlines for people with the new v6?

I cant join people on call of duty nat says open on xbox then mod when on the game i cant join my bro hes with virgin to with the hub3 as well we both cant join each other! takes ages till we do!

Cheers

shaun

0 Kudos
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DOCSIS® 3.1 Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem

Hi, RockerSBM

Virgin no longer make the decision of which modem they have on the network that comes down to Liberty Global virgin media owners.

Regards,

Martin

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Inside word is DOCSIS 3.1 should be available in a trial area end 2017.

Further word is that the carrier bandwidth will be 96MHz instead of the present 8MHz for DOCSIS 3.0.

Also keep your eye on the QAM level. Because FEC will be much better, at high MER up to 4096QAM downstream becomes achievable. You can check that much out by Googling OFDM, the carrirer modulation method.

There you are Rocker, a whole load of techno-babble for you to convince the high-ups of your credentials!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seph

Cheers for the info.

so the CM1000 would be ok to use on virgin if they allowed it? which i think they should let people choose what they want to use.

Has you know sheffield is way behind in upgrades unlike yourself where i see your on 20 downstreams and 4 upstreams running at 256 Qam for down and 64 Qam for up where here is 16 down and 2 up running at 256 Qam down and 16 Qam up so for you your upgrades be done alot faster than ours will be be about another 5 or 6 years for us here plus with the bad hub3 firmware on it where you cant put it in modem mode to use your own router without out it d/c and then start to lose packet loss and then the bad nat setting you get off the hub when online gaming if i put my netgear x4s in always stays open not matter what! and not to start with the no errors on the hub with no TIMEOUT on the hub to show you if have a problem on your line and no pre and post rs error too! virgin get rid of the superhubs and bring in stand alone modems thats what the people WANT! 90% on here would have a stand alone modem instead of a superhub! 

I have no idea why we stopped with the updates for the hub3 when its no where near finished with the so many problems it still has! 

cheers

shaun