Menu
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

DNS issues?

I have a service fault currently, now the issue is somewhat unique, while browsing the net every now and again I would click a link and it just wouldn't resolve, the service fault is on the website, but to be honest with you I don't know if this is connected, I use dd-wrt firmware by kong, I have downgraded the version of it, cleared nvram and still doesn't seem to have helped, I can't help wondering if this is linked to the fault, but it doesn't feel right to be honest
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: DNS issues?

Do you have problems every half an hour to like www.amazon.co.uk ?

does dd-wrt firmware your using use fordwards to VM DNS IPs?

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No I'm set to use google DNS, however I wanted to rule out my router, so I set the Hub 2 AC to router mode, the same problem occurs, I imagine this is something to do with the fault in the network now, as like I say I have ruled out the obvious, plus to be honest DD-WRT is always going to be superior to anything virgin could code Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could argue argue thought legacy1 that it may run every half hour I never noted the time why do you say this?
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

deviousiphone wrote:
You could argue argue thought legacy1 that it may run every half hour I never noted the time why do you say this?

The way DNS runs like from root, TLD the site NS may timeout in given you the IP for the site the DNS you use to give you the IP within a given time the fault could be down to the new bind versions that cause a delay but that would be a guess and unlikely.

0 Kudos