Menu
L30
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Correct wifi passphrase not accepted

All of my devices can connect to our virgin hub and wifi network with the exception of my windows 8 laptop. It picks up the 2G connection, but continually says 'passphrase is not correct'. I know its correct as my other devices connect ok. I also know that the laptop works ok, as I can connect it successfully to another virginmedia hub and wifi network. Can anyone suggest any help to solve this please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Correct wifi passphrase not accepted

Hey L30,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Apologies for the problems you're having in connecting your Window 8 laptop, this sounds irritating.

If you go to your wireless settings and do a right click you should see an option to forget the network, if you do that and re-type the passphrase in, does that help?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
L30
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sadly not, I've tried that...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi L30,

Were your other devices connected to the wireless network manually or did you use WPS? If you used WPS then you may need to start over.

I think that the best way forward is to start with a factory reset of the Hub. Then set up all your wireless connections again. If the problem persists after that please let us know. I'm not aware of any compatibility issues with Super Hub and Win8 but it might be worth sending out a more up-to-date model to try.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
cazza26
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm have this issue also...presumed it was because we had new laptop with windows 10 but will try the suggestions. Heads melted!!:/
0 Kudos