Menu
greenchicken
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Constantly interrupted connection, can anyone help? (SE14)

We have had an interrupted connection for about three weeks. Basically our YouView/Playstation constantly disconnects and connects seconds later. A message flashes up on Youview every time it happens so it's hugely annoying, and if using the PS or online streaming such as Netflix the game/movie crashes. This can happen for several hours a day but there's no pattern when. Last weekend we also had about two days with no connection at all.

There is a lengthy discussion about similar issues and slow speeds on local FB group so it's obviously a problem affecting many others in the area.

Have tried to get sense out of the helpline but it's infuriating... last weekend told it was a fault with the router (engineer arranged then didn't turn up) then this weekend spent 30mins on hold to be told something about an area fault that wasn't due to be sorted until end of April. Am currently spending a fortune on calling the helpline and have been offered barely any compensation (£8 so far, less than what I've spent calling them).

No idea what to try next... can anyone suggest a way to show you our line stats to see if there any issues?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constantly interrupted connection, can anyone help? (SE14)

Hi there greenchicken,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection. I can imagine how annoying this must be.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too low at - 11 dBmV and the upstream is too high at +52 dBmV. As this can have an impact on your connection, I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos