Menu
ax220qmb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant dropouts - green arrows

I have been a virgin media customer since 2009, taking my connection with wherever I move. For 5 years I have had fibre in my current home.

Over the last 12 months the reliability of the connection has been diabolical. I must have at least 2 months worth of loss of service credits.

Virgin have one last chance to try and fix the problem. A problem which no one can be bothered to diagnose properly. My theory is the cable entering the property is stretching/not reliable. I live in a block of flats and can see what looks like external damage. A few engineers I have had visit claim it isn't a problem. Whilst 1 agreed with me.

Finally, how do I go about leaving virgin without paying any penalty charges as this loss of service seems more of their issue than mine.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant dropouts - green arrows

start with some info and figures to try and see if there is an input problem

are you testing wired or wireless - always test wired 

log into superhub - 192.168.0.1 - DON'T SIGN IN, click router status [top right] - and post the downstream and upstream figures

Tony
0 Kudos
ax220qmb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Screenshots as requested below.

I used both wired and wireless, primarily wireless.

Current internet speed whilst connected fluctuates between 1mbps to 30mbps --> I am meant to be on 100mbps and I regularly get that on all wifi devices in good range of the hub.

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 22.43.29.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 22.44.33.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ax220qmb,

Thanks for your post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with constant drop outs. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test things from here however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. I will need some information from you in order to proceed with making the booking.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos