Menu
tevaka
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Constant broadband dropouts

I'm experiencing broadband and hence Wi-Fi dropouts over 50 % of the time.This means I can't use my smartphone or tablet reliably.It also affects my streaming via Smart TV of NowTV and Netflix.I even have problems with TiVo where on demand programmes stop or buffer.
The 1st time I contacted customer service they claimed to have sorted it out but in fact had disconnected my network with the parting comment that it would 'take a few minutes' to reset itself.
40 minutes later I had to ring again and this time my network was reconnected and would allegedly be more stable.
A week later and if anything I now have dropouts more like 60% of the time.
Trying to order things online or even just surf takes a ridiculous amount of time.One simple transaction took 25 mins with no success.
Giving recent price hikes I don't understand how this level of service is acceptable.
I've tried rebooting my Superhub with no change.It seems the problem must be with the VM network locally or my equipment.I would appreciate help that doesn't involve hanging on the phone for 15-20 minutes every few days with a patronising script 'reassuring' me that everything will be resolved.
I was going to upgrade to a V6 box but will now not be forking out the £49.95 + £14.99 + hidden £X installation charge as VM can't provide a decent service on my current package.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Constant broadband dropouts

Hi tevaka, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with constant drop outs. I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested the connection from here and I noticed a number of T3 time outs inside the logs, I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Constant broadband dropouts

Hi tevaka, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with constant drop outs. I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested the connection from here and I noticed a number of T3 time outs inside the logs, I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out