Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 11 (241 Views)

Constant Wifi disconnects

I'm getting constant disconnects on every item (5 tablets and 3 phones) that are connected to my superhub 2.  It does one of two things when I try to reconnect to the hub...either the device shows a wifi symbol but it appears to be passing data permenantly and you then can't connect to any sites or  the device  just can't see the hub. Either way, a re-boot of the hub sorts it out for a few hours till it happens again. Currently doing 3 - 4 reboots a day on it.

Channels are set to auto and I've tried auto performance and auto compatibility mode but they both produce the same fault. Hub is in a good place. Both bands are enabled.

Cable connection seems to stay good, just a problem with wifi.

Anyone able to check it out?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11 (223 Views)

Re: Constant Wifi disconnects

Hey shaunbrace,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the wireless connection problems you're having at the moment. Everything looks normal when I test the network from my side. You've mentioned the wireless channel is set to auto, I just wonder if you've tried to manually assign a channel. You might need to try a few before finding the one that performs best in your environment. Here's a help article with a bit more info. Please let us know if this helps.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 11 (196 Views)

SInce I posted the original topic, I've spent weeks changed channels to different combinations every time it dropped out........but to no avail!!!!

Every combination eventually produces the same problem with tablets, phones and tv's either unable to connect/re-connect or stream without a complete hub power recycle. Getting beyond a joke now. 

Auto doesn't work, manual doesn't work and it's not a conflict as the only house close enough is on one side and they are a lovely pair of OAP's who as far as i know don't even use wifi (nothing showing on wifi scanner).

I'd like a new hub to try out now.....sick of trying to muck around with this one.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 11 (192 Views)

Can i just echo Shauns comments as i am having the exact same issues. I'm having to restart the SH2 every couple of hours, and then it will be ok. My son's xbox is connecting via a powerline and his service is always on and very reliable. Can someone look at this for me? Cheers Col
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 11 (133 Views)

No reply from team members yet??? 

Why am i not surprised......

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 11 (103 Views)

Annnnnnnd still no replies from support.....

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 11 (96 Views)

It's a joke really isn't it?

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11 (80 Views)

Had the same problem for months with a superhub 2, read through the forums here and the number of people with exactly the same problem is concerning. I doubt very much that you will get an answer as all others haven't.  It would seem that the best solution is to put the superhub into modem mode and connect to a good router. There are posts on this forum explaining how to do this.  The only other option is to 'suck it up' and carry on with the re-boots.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 11 (66 Views)

Could do..but no way...they providing sub-standard gear so they either replace it themselves or buy me something that can do the job,,,,,why should i fork out cash for absolute crap????

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11 (51 Views)

Yes totally agree with you, unfortunately VM do not think that way, I contacted them by phone some time ago regarding this problem and was bombarded with so much c**p that I lost the will live.  They eventually sent me out a new router (same model) and guess what...exactly the same. There is a long list of things they will get you to do and an awful lot of platitudes off a script, none of which will make a difference.

Just trying to save you time and a lot of frustration...Good luck

0 Kudos