Menu
GaryW1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant Slow Speeds

10 months later - speeds still shockingly slow - broadband unpredictable - the upgrade to 200MBPS has limited to me to around 15 MBPS on wifi. When i was on 70MBPS i was getting around 45/55MBPS daily without fail.

6 engineers have been out - networks have been to the cabinet - come to no avail.

I was told I would receive compensation as paying £115 per month for:

2 tivo 

200MBPS

Talk eve / weekend

Line rental.

I have not received any follow up action. I have been messed around from the day of the upgrade. See my previous posts.

Wireless speed tests come back no more than 20MBPS - tried on numerous devious. Windows laptops 2G 5G / Mac laptop / Iphones - Ipads etc. All reveal same result. Tried all channels and re tested - no change on any.

5pm comes and internet is barely usable. No fix been offered.

I have taken 4 days off work - I have received no apology - no courtesy call once the engineer has been to see if fixed. Since we've had this upgraded so called 200mbps broadband its been a joke.

I want this fixing - I want this fixing ASAP and i want a compensation plan for all the monies paid over the last 10 months for this shocking broadband I am receiving.

I anticipate a response from somebody that can actually action a resolution. The ombudsman have advised me to work out the costings of the broadband received and charge it all back. I don't wish to do this - but I'm certainly contemplating it right now. 

I currently work for Wholesale BT and I'm astonished at the lack of follow up action from the Virgin Customer Care/Call centres - the lack of action and ownership of our issue is truly appalling. 

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Slow Speeds

Hi GaryW1, 

Thanks for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look and I can see that the seems to be some issues with slow speeds during peak times in your area, I have popped this across to networks to be investigated further and will let you know as soon as I know more. 

How is the connection during non-peak hours? 

Keep me posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GaryW1, 

Just a quick update, networks have come back and confirmed that there is a fault, ref F005084106 for slow speeds at peak times. 

I will pop you a PM to advise you further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GaryW1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Peak times? I run speed tests Hard Wired and Wireless at various points on different days, all bringing in slow results.

It ain't just at peak times.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GaryW1, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, please pop a reply to my PM and we will be able to take things further. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos