Menu
dana123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constant Internet Connectivity Dropouts - SuperHub 3

We have been suffering constant internet connectivity dropouts for many months now.

We received a new Super Hub 3.0 router. This did not solve the problem. 

An engineer was then sent out to adjust the downstream power levels which were too low, this was resolved however we are still suffering from these constant connectivity dropouts across all devices (wired and wireless).

Speed and ping are good, however this constant loss of internet connectivity makes it very difficult to play games or stream video. So much so that I am beginning to consider switching to another internet provider.

The dropouts seems to last for approximately 15-30 seconds each time and occur around once or twice every 10 minutes. Attached below is a screenshot of some testing I have done on my PC with a wired connection. The large red chunks are when we experience total loss of connectivity.

db5bc4066801cdc872a0be5a2dbe2f5d

Here is the network status of our Hub, will be very grateful is someone from virgin can investigate this issue further for us.

1af745616030cdda48e20dbcc1df0c82fc97f717c7ecd9c9d84d2731b293aa49

0 Kudos
dana123
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Internet Connectivity Dropouts - SuperHub 3

Bump.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Internet Connectivity Dropouts - SuperHub 3

Hey dana123,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering connection drops at the moment, I understand how frustrating that can be.

I've run some tests on both the hub and network segment and I can't see any reason for the disconnects at first glance. The hub is reporting an uptime of 8 days at the moment so I'd like to make sure the drops are happening at network level.

Could you test your hub in modem mode to see if it still drops as frequently? It would also be worth checking to see if there's any change with the hub's lights when the connection drops, to ensure the hub is seeing a loss of connection. I'd recommend setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor as well as this tests to the hub rather than the device you're using, so could help to rule out any LAN-related issues.

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos