Menu
jayekin1995
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Considering to upgrade to hub 3.0

Hi guys im just wondering i currently have the superhub 2.0 and i am thinking about getting hub 3.0 . All im looking for is personal opinions any problems errors issues before i make my decision
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Considering to upgrade to hub 3.0

jayekin1995 wrote:
Hi guys im just wondering i currently have the superhub 2.0 and i am thinking about getting hub 3.0 . All im looking for is personal opinions any problems errors issues before i make my decision

It's full of firmware bugs, extremely slow UI that crashes often, has a bad latency problem in both router and modem mode which is awful if you're into online gaming, ethernet ports don't have bi-colored-leds to indicate speed of Ethernet connection, etc etc. You're better of sticking to your hub 2.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

just read on here - good and bad opinions - gamers dont like it others do - have you been offered one - if its free then its ok i guess - if you are paying money - personally would not bother 

Tony
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

-tony- wrote:

just read on here - good and bad opinions - gamers dont like it others do - have you been offered one - if its free then its ok i guess - if you are paying money - personally would not bother 

What he says .. Also WiFi on it is terrible; I am expecting a delivery tomorrow of an asus rt-ac88u so I will just be using mu Hub 3.0 in modem mode only

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos