Menu
tomdodgson
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connectivity issues

Hello, I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 100S, and I have had immense difficulty getting it to connect to the internet. Multiple devices, including phones tablets and PCs, have been connected with no issues, and the laptop has connected to all other Wi-Fi connections (a BT hub and a phone's mobile hot spot) with no issues. When I try to connect, I either get told simply that I'm unable to, or it tries to make me enter a username, which I haven't had to do on any other devices (I tried using username - admin and password - changeme and it did not work). Any idea on how I can get a working connection?

Thank you very much, Tom

0 Kudos
veelad
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connectivity issues

Have you checked the lenovo support website, and downloaded the latest wireless driver. Im not sure of this, but check, I think you need the intel wireless driver, my wifes lenovo 300 uses intel, as hers had the wrong driver installed by windows 10. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
tomdodgson
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey veelad, thank you very much for the advice, but I've already tried this and to no avail
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi tomdodgson,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your Ideapad to the hub. I'd first of all suggest logging into the hub and changing the wireless security type to WPA2 PSK AES as some devices have trouble connecting to the default WPA2 Auto setting. It may also be worth changing the wireless network names to separate the 2.4 and 5Ghz networks to avoid any confusion for the device.

Give this a go and let us know how you get on.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tomdodgson
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thank you very much but we phoned the help desk the other day and they've sorted the issue the other day
0 Kudos