Menu
Thomasproctor71
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connection problems

I've had my service activated for a few weeks now and i've probably had use of my wi-fi for 3 days max. If i'm not getting the service i pay for is there a way i can just cancel ? I've tried rebooting and also called up about it and they reset it on there end and still it doesn't work. I've been charged by vodaphone from when i rang virgin and it's cost me £24, so thought i'd try leave a message on here and see if i can get help that way
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection problems

Have to tried connecting to the hub directly by ethernet cable?

Wireless is affected by many external factors making it unreliable for testing the internet connection.

If you are outside your 14 day grace period it is unlikely you can cancel your contract without incurring early disconnection fees, unless you are being affected by long term contention issues.

0 Kudos
Thomasproctor71
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah i've tried with an ethernet cable and that didn't work either. I'm paying for basially the tivo box. Internets completely useless. It's frustrating and contacting them seems to get me nowhere
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thomasproctor71, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your connection not working properly, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I've run some checks from here and I can't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connecting wired or wireless?

Do these issues occur on both types of connection?

Have you tried changing the wireless channels to see if that helps the WiFi?

Would you please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response for us to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Thomasproctor71
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't log into the hub because i can't connect to it so that doesnt let me on to change the settings. The tv works fine but he wireless doesn't work and i've tried the ethernet cable and that also won't work. I have no idea what to do with it. I'm basically paying for a service i'm not getting. I've phoned up about it again and again got told to 'just reset the hub'
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thomasproctor71, 

Thanks for coming back to me. Apologies this is still not working for you.

Please try a factory reset of your Hub and post back here to let me know if that resolves your issues. If this does not solve your issues then I will send you a replacement Hub.

Please respond to me back here on the forums and I'll get this all sorted.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos