Menu
Beowulfxix
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection issues.

So yesterday I had my Virgin Router installed, been connected and loving how it runs but tonight I noticed something a little strange, I turned on my Laptop and it said that I was connected to the internet. I checked to see if maybe the router address had been forgotten but it was still there so I tried to reconnect and it kept saying that I couldn't however on my Xbox (the reason why I got Virgin) it says that I'm still connected there and everything's running steady. So what do I do here? The guy did say that 24 hours after instillation it'd shut down for 15 minutes while it updated so maybe I just need to restart it?

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection issues.

Is this a wired or wireless connection, if wifi, does it work wired?

switch the hub off and on with its little black switch, if your lucky when it finished rebooting everything will be ok.

it may also be worth checking the hub status by navigating to 192.168.0.1, don't log in but go to the router status.

0 Kudos
Beowulfxix
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's wireless, I was mainly confused because like I said it was connected to the Xbox just fine but just wouldn't connect to my laptop. But I'll go down and flip the switch now. Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Some people have reported issues with windows 10 not being properly allocated and ip address from the hub for which a temporary work around is to set a suitable static ip address on the computer.

0 Kudos