Menu
penguinchris
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Connection issues

Hi

I am getting Fed up with my desktop keep losing the internet it happens any time of day or evening and is wired through Ethernet cable, I have changed the cable several times and still have the problem. I can get on my WiFi on my tablet no problem. I have also brought a WiFi adapter which I thought would solve the problem but even when that says it is connected I still have the problem! I have turned my hub on and off twice in the last hour and still do not have any internet. I am fed up of checking the proxy settings which are what they are supposed to be according to what my computer tells me to check.

Please can someone help me in plain English and not computer talk? Thanks chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection issues

Hi penguinchris

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to learn of the problems you are experiencing with your PC disconnecting. When checking your hub there are some problems with the downstream power levels which are too high at the moment. This can cause intermittent service so it's best if we arrange an engineer visit to get these adjusted and see if this makes a difference. I'll send you a PM to get this arranged. 

Do you get a message that pops up on the screen when your PC loses connection? Have you tried a replacement ethernet cable?

Speak soon.

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos