Menu
harvey23
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Connection issue

Hi,

I currently have a Superhub2 and my Kindles haven't connected properly to it in about 3 years. Its not been a huge issue and I assumed it was the kindle software. I have to reboot hub which allows a few minutes of connection before it fails).I even replaced them but still the same issue. They are just the cheap standard Kindles e-readers.

I recently bought a Cubot Rainbow phone and I now have a connection issue with that. The only way it connects is by rebooting hub, using the WPS push button or making any change in the router settings. However, as soon as i go out of range, I have to go through the same process to connect. My phone however works fine with other Virgin WiFi as well as my works WiFi.

I trawled the forum and changed settings as suggested but to no avail. All other equipment (Sonos speakers, laptop, tablets, phones, TV) work perfectly.

The only electrical equipment near the hub is my TiVo box but I find it unlikely that's causing any issues.

Is it possible I need a new hub?

Thanks for reading and any help appreciated
0 Kudos
harvey23
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection issue

Do I need to provide more info?

Do these messages get picked up by anyone at Virgin?

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harvey23,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting some devices to the hub. As the other devices work fine it's not going to be a signal issue but more likely some changes in the settings to get the other devices working. I would first of all suggest changing the wireless security type in the hubs config pages (192.168.0.1) to WPA2 PSK AES as some devices have trouble with the default WPA2 Auto setting. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
harvey23
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'd already tried that. I've rung virgin twice and they changed settings which initially worked for phone (but not kindles) but the problem reoccurred by the time I put the phone down. I think I might need a new hub unless you've any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jacob
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Jacob,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I appreciate all the checks you have completed so far, but too no avail.

Can you let me know a few more details please?

With the devices that are having an issue to connect, do they all connect to the 2.4 GHz or do some connect to the 5 GHz?

Does changing the wireless channel help at all?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
harvey23
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

The kindles and phone use the 2.4 GHz setting only. My old Moto G phone also only connects via 2.4GHz but that works without fail.

I have changed channels but that doesn't help. As I've said, my daughter has the same hub and that works fine as dies any other WiFi I connect to.

I'm currently finding the easiest way to connect is by pressing the WPS button on the hub which seems to make a connection but as soon as I go out of range I have to do the same to reconnect. I've yet to try my kindles on someone else's WiFi but they are completely unreliable on mine.

Thanks
0 Kudos
harvey23
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to that, I updated my kindles to the latest software via a usb cable but the issue remains. I've looked through the forums and this does seem to be a fairly common issue with the superhubs so would be grateful for any further advice.

I still suspect I need a new hub.

cheer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jacob,

Thanks for your continued patience with this Smiley Happy

I can see you've tried lots of things to get this resolved, but without success. Let's arrange a replacement for you and see if that helps.

I'll confirm your address via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jacob,

Hope you're well Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how you're getting on since we last spoke. I hope your new equipment has arrived by now, how are you finding it?

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
harvey23
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather

Thanks for getting in touch. I had the new router the other day but haven't had time to switch it over yet but hoping to do it tonight.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Jacob
0 Kudos